If you are a dessert lover, you are not going to know what hit you when you try these. These ain’t your typical peppermint patties. Oh no! I’m talking a healthy, vegan recipe with dark chocolate and peppermint essential oil.
Do you know what that means? It means you’re getting anti-oxidant protection, increased mental alterness, and a yummy dessert that actually helps relieve digestive issues! You can’t beat that, right? Who said dessert couldn’t be nutritious?
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 drop peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Mix 1/4 cup coconut oil, vanilla, honey, salt and peppermint oil.
- Line 6 mini muffin tins with papers and divide peppermint mixture among 6 cups. Freeze at least 10 minutes, or overnight if desired.
- When you are ready to finish them up, melt the chocolate and another teaspoon coconut oil over a double boiler on medium-low heat. You can also use a pot with water and just put the chocolate in another pot inside of that.
- Allow the melted chocolate mixture to come to room temperature and spread a piece of wax paper or foil. Spoon a small amount of chocolate and set mint on top. Spoon more chocolate over the mint and repeat process until all of the mints are covered in chocolate. You may use a spoon to make sure the sides are all covered in chocolate and there are no bare spots.
- Put the mints back in the fridge for a few minutes before eating. Store mints in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe inspired by and photo credit to thischickcooks.com